3/17/11

Doors.

You pray and pray for God to open and shut the doors, but when He shuts the doors you like and opens the doors you don't like, it is rather annoying! I have an ich that won't go away - I'm talking about missions. I have a great desire to just 'go'. But don't get me wrong! You can very well be a missionary in your own city, you don't need to go anywhere to find broken people needy for Jesus! I just know I'm called overseas, and I want to go now! But in the past little while God has been working with me on this... No em, not yet, not now, I need you else where, I need you here. Lindsay came to Calgary talking about the need that is still in the nation of Haiti, I looked into going to Haiti this summer... But God said no, the trip for nurses and medical staff is planned for during my exams, I tried planning a youth trip to Vancouver and that door shut too due very a variety of circumstances. An opportunity to go to Slovakia came up and guess what? The door shut and the trip got cancelled. A week ago a pastor from Colombia invited me to go... and Now seeing what is going on in Japan, I just want to go!! But this summer I am supposed to stay in Calgs, and go to camp. I don't want to go to camp... at all. But God keeps pushing me. People keep asking me to go, I keep dreaming about it, somehow the application forms 'magically' got printed off and handed to me... and today a youth told me she would go if I was there! Like... okay, okay I get it! Just... sometimes, what you have planned and what God has planned look so very different. BUT no matter what I do, travel the world, or going to camp this summer, I will put my whole heart into it because it's what God wants for my life, and I am excited for it. I'm praying that this summer will be so God filled and things will start to happen in Calgary and in the lives of the people living here, just as much as in Haiti, Van City, Slovakia, Colombia and Japan. Our God is the God of all nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment