1/17/11

Cravings.

I'm currently sitting here, at the University (in the science A to be exact), watching people pass by just thinking; How many of these people know the creator of the sun and the stars? How many of these people are lost? How many are searching for something? Something bigger, greater than themselves. Earlier today I watched a documentary that a friend showed me, it was all about the secular world and the cravings that people have. Intrisic cravings for... something more. People in this place are broken and wandering. We have to reach them. But not in a condeming way, but out of love. A sinciere deep and real love for the lost. They need to meet you. They need you just as much as I do, and do I ever. Lord, pour out  your spirit on this campus. These are your children. It's going to rain. I feel so ambitious to say, We need to win this campus over for Christ. I'm sitting here listening to worship on my computer and I feel like I could get up and spin around and dance and lift my hands in worship. I feel your presence here, and it makes me want to cry thinking that the people around me don't. Seems like an overwhelming task at this point, but all things are possible through you who strengthens me. All things. Even this. Lord, I pray for devine appointments. Place me in people's lives who need light in darkness. Seat me in that class right next to someone who needs even a conversation or a smiple smile today. I want to be the light you have created me to be. This is my inspiration today; "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:15 Let this scripture ring true today. Give me boldness. Encourage me. Sometimes it gets so discouraging, thinking I am all alone in this. But just when I need it, God shows up. I sit down in Mac Hall with my lunch and it so happens that I sat beside two Christians - I could tell by the first time they opened thier mouths that they were. They were talking about this exact thing, encouraging one another in Christ. They don't even know how much I was encouraged simply by listening to them, feeling like I am not alone in my purpose. It was quite beautiful. Thanks Abba, You are not only the King of the church, but you are the King of this University. Freedom reigns in this place. Showers of mercy and grace, Falling on every face. There is freedom. Jesus reigns in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment