9/28/10

Who is this man?

I see the king seated on the throne. He is all I see. I can't keep my focus on anything else, I don't even try. I don't even want to try. He is just so beautiful. My eyes look from the crown of gold on top his head, Down to his eyes. When our eyes meet, I feel like he can see inside me. Deep down into my very soul. He knows every thought I've ever had. Every dream I've ever dreamt. Every pain I've ever felt. He knows everything there is to know about me. His eyes speak kindness and understanding. I feel like I've known them my whole life. It's hard for me to take my eyes from his, but when I do, I continue to his chest. I can see the heart beating behind it. It's breaking but at the same time its complete. I listen to the rythm as it fills my ears. It is the most calming sound I have ever heard. I feel so safe in this place, and yet I am afraid. I feel so unworthy to be standing here. Reverance floods over me as I kneel in front of him. On my knees, I can clearly see something I missed before; his hands. The hands themselves look like they could fight anything, defend anyone, do everything. But my attention is drawn to the holes. I can see the dried blood around the edges. I start to cry as I realise the afflictions involved. I bow my head to the ground as I feel like I can not get any lower. I don't deserve to be here. I'm the one that put those holes there. I'm guilty and he is the judge. But as I start to gasp for air, those hands reach out and pick up my face. He dries the tears and looks me in my eyes. The next thing he says will change my life forever. "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment