3/3/11

Not the freedom to sin, but the freedom from sin.

I love this picture - I came across it randomly and it just struck me as beautiful. This is me; so grey and dull by myself, but this is God inside of me, amazing and full of colour and wonder. I just thought it was a nice portrait of who I really am... Nothing without my saviour. 

I am feeling much better this week. God has placed some amazing people in my life and I am so thankful for it. People who lift me up and encourage me. It's a great picture of the church and how it's supposed to be... Like a family. =) I honestly don't know where I would be without my best friend... Mackenzie-Anne. When I can't feel Jesus, she is Jesus to me. I never doubt that it has been in God's plan all along for us to be in each others lives. I love you Kennie. 

The song 'Freedom Reigns' is a really great song. Freedom reigns in this place, showers of mercy and grace falling on every face. There is freedom. My Jesus reigns in this place. It is so simple and so powerful. I am free. Who the son has set free is free indeed. Feel the chains fall away. Feel the heaviness fall away. Because Jesus reigns, where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. Not the freedom to sin, but the freedom from sin. Beautiful. If you have not heard this song... look it up. Youtube that baby.

As some of my friends are up in Edmonton this week visiting the open house for Vanguard College, I can't help but be jealous. All my childhood I wanted to go to Bible school. It just seemed like the best option. Until around grade 11 and even into grade 12, I was set and ready to go to college out in BC, The school my dad and mom and aunts and uncles all attended. I thought it must run in the family. But God had other plans. It's weird for me to think about how Bible school just isn't in the plan (right now at least, who knows). It's what I've always wanted. That's why sometimes I let my thoughts get a hold of me, I feel purpose-less, like I made the wrong choice, like I'm missing out. But no. God had other plans for me. Better plans than my own. I am called to this place. I belong here. With out a doubt. Even seeing how God shut the door to the school I really wanted to go to and pointed me towards UofC. I have seen God move in this place. I have been stretched. I have grown. I have had opportunities to speak into people's lives that I otherwise would not have been able to. I have seen two people give their lives to Jesus. & I'm hoping for more. I hope to influence more, grow and learn more. And it goes both ways, I have met some amazing people that have poured into me and given me strength. I can't let myself believe that I am not meant to be here, because I am. I am.

I love our God with all my heart.
Just sayin'

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU EMILIE! I'm so glad that we are best friends and that we can encourage each other in everything, and grow and learn together. You are the best, and I love you. Don't ever doubt that UofC is where God has placed you, you are going to do great things for Him there! You get the chance to be a light in a dark place, and interact with thousands of lost people every day, something you would not get to do at bible school. Keep it up! I am so proud of you and so is God =)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome to hear Emilie! Your blogs posts are always so inspiring and thoughtful. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete