12/1/10

In all things

Today. Today was different. It wasn't the best day. Just things of this world got me down. I accidently slept in and missed two classes, I'm stressed about my exams coming up, A paper due tomorrow, I'm having some problems with some rude people... you get the point. You see it's easy to pray for God to give you the Holy Spirit when you are having a good day. But when things just arn't going so awesome, it's more difficult. It requires more faith. BUT, Time and time again I am just amazed at how God works. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 This is so true! He works good for us in every situation, even the bad ones. IN ALL things. This doesn't mean that all things are going to be lovey duvy and all nice and sweet, but that in all things, in every bad thing, every upsetting circumstance, he will work some good out of it. For me, today this has taken the form of lessons and teachings. In all this unpleasant grind of everyday life, the Lord is teaching me a few things. One of such is that I need not be anxious. "“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life... But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I just know, reading this, that I can give all of my worries and troubles to god. I don't have to worry about exams or people in my life, because it's all in God's hands. I will try my best and thats all I can do. The rest is up to him. I am also learning that being a Christian is messy. It's not always the perfect life you imagine it to be. People are going to hate you. People are going to critisize you. People are going to persecute you. This is our martyrdom. And I am okay with this. I can say with faith that God is going to be my strength, that I am okay with people hating me because of my choices. My choices to follow the path God has for my life. It's hard some days, but in the end; he is my strength. "Wait for the Lord and let your heart take courage." Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment