10/25/10

My royal husband delights in my beauty.

There is someone who will never leave me. Someone who will never let me down. He will  never ever leave me broken. He heals and restores me. He makes me clean like snow. He makes me joyful and gives me peace, no matter what is going on around me. People come and go, but he is constant. So constant. I am messy and distracted, but he is collected and true.

``Listen to Me, O royal daughter; take to heart what I say. Forget your people and your family far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for He is your Lord...
The bride, a princess, looks glorious in her golden gown. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful and enthusiastic procession as they enter the king’s palace!``
Psalm 45

He thinks I`m beautiful. He loves me just the way I am. He knows me by name. He knows the number of hairs on my head, and he knows things about me that I don`t even know. He knows how I work, and what makes me happy. He knows my heart. And He is my bride. My love. He is all I really ever need. In him alone I put my hope.
I am finally understanding, or starting to understand, what hope means. Even though crap goes on around me, I know there is something more than just me and my situations, there is a greater strength than me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment