3/30/12

True Fasting, And Bold Prayers.

"Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the Lord?

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
To loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke,
To set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear;
Then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
Isaiah 58

Lord, may I fast the kind of fasting that you desire. Not only a day to humble myself, but a fast that is acceptable to You. Use me oh Lord. I am yours. Help me to surrender everything. I know it is not within myself to be able to surrender all... but You oh God can help me and give me the strength I need to let go. Use my life to loose the chains of injustice and set the oppressed free. You alone can do this. You alone can break every chain and freedom is found in You. Give me eyes to see those who are hungry, and without shelter, naked and without clothes. Break my heart and make me compassionate. Like it says in Colossians 3; Help me to put on a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience, binding everything together with love. Soften my heart and give me faith. More than my ways, Your ways are higher, Your thoughts are higher. God hear my cries. Hear my cries when I am empty and alone - when I need you so badly. Make me whole again Father, nothing but your blood. I pray that the light inside me that is You will break forth like the dawn and healing will be an overflow of my life. A life that is saturated in You. Hear me and say Here am I. Even the darkness is not dark to you. God, fill my life with purpose. I need more of you... I need more. Give me perspective - I want to see what you see. I want to feel what you feel. I want to do what you do. I can't stop - I won't stop until I have you. I will not stop running. I will not stop fighting to be with you. I have finally found where I belong.

Change is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment