7/24/11

Spiritual Warfare


After a conversation with a good friend, I have come to think about this off and on all day. Spiritual warfare. How is it different in Canada than it is in other parts of the world? I have been to places where the spiritual world is more visible to the human eye. Where the forces of darkness and light fight in such an obvious way that you can’t deny it. Why is it not like that here in Canada I was wondering. But you see, it’s not as visible here… unless you are looking for it. It got me really starting to analyze what kind of spiritual war is going on here. There is such a battle here. A battle for souls, just like every other country. The enemy has Canada right where he wants it. The rich getting richer, the poor getting neglected, the idols we have made consume us; material things exhaled above the Creator.  Sin becoming so apart of our lives that it has become normal or the thing to do. We are so spiritually deaf. But… but. But Jesus is breaking our ears open. He is smashing those idols to pieces. He is reigning over the rich and the poor. He is King here. And He is King there. He has the enemy in his grip and he will be defeated.  I can’t keep living thinking that this is not a war. Why would I not prepare myself? I need to stop goofing around. I need to put on the armour of God. I need his Word to guide me, I need his love to correct me, I need his spirit to teach me, I need his grace to encourage me, I need his fear to keep me on track. If this is a war… it’s going to be messy… but I know in the end who is going to be victorious. King Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment