7/17/11

Call me out of mediocrity.

 I've been thinking about this for the past few days. I've been thinking about the cross. It's not a small thing. I can't look over it anymore.

I have this image in my head. Every time I sin, I'm the one hammering the nails into Jesus' hands. I love him so much and yet I continue to everyday drive the nails into that cross. I just see myself crying, weeping as I am the one who put those holes in his hands. I'm the one who made him bleed. Jesus forgive me. It was my sin that held you there. It should have been me on that cross. I am just so humbled thinking about this. I don't want to sin because I love Him so much and I just can't handle it anymore. Its no longer about a set of rules I have to follow, its turned into a deep intimacy that compels me to never want to hurt my King again. Because I love Him so. So much. and yet, nothing compared to how He loves me.

Sin is when we substitute God for us. But Salvation is when Jesus substituted us for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment